Ironman Boulder

Thursday, July 31, 2014

7.31.14 Packet Pick Up Today

It's my anniversary for my wife and I.  I missed her this morning but she is coming tonight.  I met Jeff at the rez this morning. Ironman set up a little 750 yard loop.  We did a couple of loops before they closed the course.  We did a 3.5 mile run on the trail before going to packet pick up.  Ironman set up outside and the ground was soaking wet.  Not a good combination.  Good to get there early to buy a tri kit before the popular sizes disappeared.  Ironman gave us a cool backpack.  My bike was at Tribike Transport but they didn't open until 1pm.  I walked to the Pearl Street Mall to grab something to eat and tripped across Apolo Ohno outside the Newton shoe store.  I had my picture made with him and wished him luck at Kona.  It's not everyday you get a brush with Olympic greatness.  After lunch, I picked up my bike and rode for about an hour.  I did a big climb up Baseline Rd.  The elevation here was most notable today on the bike.  I really have to manage the climbs for the race.  Good day today.  Weather was nice and I was able to do a little bit of everything.  At this point, I just want to race.  My body is not happy with the short workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment