Ironman Boulder

Sunday, July 6, 2014

7.4.14 Independence Day Swim

The plan today was for a swim with an optional short bike ride to stretch the legs.  I will be facing another century ride on Saturday so I opted for only the swim.  It is 4th of July so I slept in and that felt great.  For once, I felt rested.  My wife made some blueberry pancakes.  I love blueberry pancakes so it was a good start to the day.  At about 10am, I decided to try and find somewhere to swim.  My pool in Coppell was not opening until 1pm and I didn't want to wait that long.  I drove to the North Lake Community College pool in Irving but it was closed.  I decided to go back to the Flower Mound CAC.  It was open and they had plenty of lap swim lanes in the indoor pool.  My swim was 3300 yards.  I messed up my plan and it only had 2900 yards in the plan.  I rearranged some things and made it 3300.  A lot of speed work and fast sets.  It only took 75 minutes to get through the workout.  I was able to get a two hour nap in the afternoon to get ready for the Saturday ride.  My alarm clock will be going off at 4am so I need all the sleep I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment