Ironman Boulder

Saturday, July 26, 2014

7.26.14 Last Dallas Workout

Hard to believe but my last workout at home before Boulder is in the books.  It was just me and Shelby today for a little over 2 hours on the bike.  He was supposed to go to Boulder but had a foot injury that kept him from getting ready.  Too bad because it would have been fun to race with him.  He has been a good friend to me through the process and has logged alot of miles with me.  I will wear his Enduroshark team kit on the run during Boulder.  He has supplied me with another bottle of Shark salts so I'm good to go. They are magic.   Most everyone in our usual group was busy this morning.  That was kind of sad because I didn't get a chance to say thank you to everyone who rode a mile, ran a mile, or swam a yard with me.  To a large degree, this is a solitary lonely journey and having people to keep you company is huge.  Most week days, I am on my own.  Since January 1, 2014, I have swam 185,750 yards, biked 2,252 miles and ran 651 miles covering 326 hours.  Probably at least double the distance and time since I registered for Boulder last summer.  Thinking about that is daunting.  Failing would be devastating on alot of levels.  It's alot of pressure.  Internally generated to be sure, but it's like a big rock on my chest.  8 days until the race.  I can't change what will happen at this point.  All I can do is sharpen the spear, rest and recover.  I have started to feel some aches and pains this week while my body rights the ship.  I fly to Boulder tonight to get 8 days at altitude before the race.  I'm looking forward to getting a few swims in next week to get a feel for the conditions.  The hay is in the barn, it's time to race.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/#activity/549832705 

No comments:

Post a Comment