Ironman Boulder

Thursday, July 10, 2014

7.9.14 Swim/Bike

The Wednesday double.  I pulled my swim plans from Jeff's email and printed them.  Plan was for 3400 but I added an extra 100 at the end to make it 3500.  Swim seemed to go by fairly fast.  Some long and short intervals were mixed in.  One hour and twenty three minutes to complete the swim.  I felt better than I thought I would.  Legs were still heavy from the weekend.

Bike ride wasn't much better.  If the roads were flat or downhill, I was fine.  Climbing induced fatigue and it was hard to get going.  Just didn't have it there.  I'm looking forward to the taper.  The road to the Jeter loop is out so we had to add on some miles in Murrell Park and Twin Coves.  Still managed to get 28 miles in on the ride.  Summer has made an official appearance finally.  The temps were 102 degrees at the start of the ride.  I went through four bottles of water and Skratch Labs on the ride in a few hours.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/538229380


No comments:

Post a Comment