Ironman Boulder

Sunday, July 20, 2014

7.19.14 Bike

Today is probably my last ride on my tri bike.  My bike has to be dropped off for transport by 6pm on Friday.  After the ride today, I dropped it off at the bike shop to be tuned up for the race.  I have my Trek Madone for Wednesday and Saturday this week.  The days are really clicking by now.  My plan was for approximately 65 miles.  I rode to the CAC to meet the Enduroshark group at 7am.  Our plan from there was the Robson Ranch route which is right at 50 miles.  My ride back and forth to the CAC would add another 15.  The weather today was incredible.  It was in the 60s this morning.  I actually used my arm warmers for about an hour.  Too bad it wasn't a 100 mile day.  My training for the race is by and large complete so I took it easy.  The goal now is to not get hurt.  We added a little extra mileage at Robson Ranch so I ended up with 71 miles.  My taper for this week cut the hours and mileage by 20%-30%.  Next week should be the same.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/#activity/544845985

No comments:

Post a Comment