Ironman Boulder

Thursday, July 10, 2014

7.8.14 Tempo Run

I took the 7th off based on my coach's advice.  I did go to the Trishop and bought a sleeveless wet suit for Boulder.  They have an endless pool there.  You can try on a wet suit and demo it in the tank.  The endless pool is a high order beating.  The water coming out of the blower has to keep up with your swim stroke.  It's like swimming against a set of rapids.  I could manage a few minutes of that nonsense but that was about it.  I did get enough out of the session to find one that I think will work (Orca Sonar).  I have 30 days and can bring it back for a refund if I don't like it.  I am going to try it next at the Lewisville Nat. Their water is on the cool side.

As for today, a simple 8 mile tempo run.  2 mile warm up, 5 miles at moderate pace and a mile cool down.  Who are we kidding here, I just found a pace I could hold on to and went with that.  Run was just ok.  My body is fatigued from all the work in the last few months.  Not real slow but not fast either.  Despite the day off, I was just a little tired.  I did forget to stop my Garmin so the route below includes my ride to work so that's something.  You can see where I got on the elevator to go to my office.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/537229308

No comments:

Post a Comment