Ironman Boulder

Monday, October 8, 2012

Denton County Bike Landmarks

I had taken some more pictures on my Sunday bike ride.  The Whitehouse is a familiar landmark but so is Hilltop Road.  There are alot of bike teams that use Hilltop Rd for climbing intervals.  Ask anyone who rides around Denton County and they will all know about Hilltop.  It is very pretty there and is actually accented by some noticable hills.  One side is a more gradual climb and the other side is a more leg crushing ascent.  I usually plan my 4 hour rides utilizing the more difficult climb.  Here is the turn to Hilltop.  It pretty much starts right away.


Once your on the hill, someone has painted some nice encouragement along the way.  Always nice, since I am usually by myself.  The paint is fairly evenly placed but I took the pictures on the way up, since you can't see the lettering in one shot.  You see them in this order going up the hill.  By the way, stopping to take the pictures and trying to clip back in to move up the hill was something I won't do again.  The hill is too steep.






No comments:

Post a Comment