Ironman Boulder

Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday 10.22.12

6 days to go......Monday is the usual light day.  Jeff sent me the plan for the week yesterday evening.  I think he forgot I already had a swim plan for today so I went off last week's plan.  It was an hour swim covering 2550 yards.  The whole swim across Lake Grapevine thing has taken a toll on me.  My shoulders and body are still sore today after the swim this morning.  My wetsuit rubbed me raw on the back of my neck.  At least I know where to liberally apply some body glide now.  I am going to have to take it easy for the rest of the week.  The workout today had a lot of speed work in it with sprints and recoveries.  I fouled up the plan in the main set and missed the 200 pulls to break up the speed drills.  No wonder I was a little tired on those.  They were coming too fast.  The weather forecast has changed again for Austin.  68 for the high and 49 for the low with winds out of the north at 7mph.  I have no idea how to prepare for really cool temperatures.  I'm sure it will be great for the running portion but coming out of the water and on to the bike could be tough.  If your soaking wet with temps in the 50s, I'm guessing that won't be comfortable.  Maybe Jeff will have some words of wisdom on this front.  My wife says not to worry about anything the weather guys say until at least 5 days out.  I'll have to keep my eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment