Ironman Boulder

Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday 10.5.12

No training today.  I told Jeff what was going on for the past few days and he recommended a day off today.  It was very hard.  I woke up at 5:30am and my body was telling me to get in gear.  It was almost like I had to go do something.  I resisted the urge and went back to sleep until about 7.  The rest feels great.  It was the right call.  Jeff says my training is right on target and a few days to get right is not a problem.  The weather is going to be strange this weekend.  It's going to be in the 50s tomorrrow as a high and then warmer on Sunday.  Jeff suggested turning the workouts around.  I will run the 12 mile workout tomorrow and ride the bike on Sunday.  Looks like it might rain tomorrow as well.  Another good reason to ride on Sunday.  The race is 23 days away and seems to be barrelling down on me at this point.  I feel a little anxious still.  I'm trying to find a wetsuit right now.  I may have found one on ebay.  We'll have to see how that works out.  Joe and the Matrix are in Arkansas this weekend so I'm running on my own tomorrow.  The Matrix is doing a 100 mile ultra race.  If I didn't have Ironman Austin coming this quick, I would have loved to help him out in Arkansas.  Sounds like a really cool event.  Tomorrow I get back at it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment