Ironman Boulder

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday 10.20.12

8 days to race day.......First signs of a taper came today.  Jeff wanted me to do no more than a 2 hour 30 minute ride today.  I went over by 4 minutes.  It was really windy today so I decided to go south first around the airport into the wind, through Irving, Las Colinas and back home.  I have done this ride a few time with Justin and Jeff.  I got lost in Irving and had to check google maps on my phone to get back on track.  The ride went well and I wasn't really tired when I got home.  I had the wind at my back on the way back to the house.  I covered around 42 miles.  When I got home, I made some lunch and rested for a few hours.  Joe was going to follow me on one of my Seadoos today while I swam across Lake Grapevine.  The wind this afternoon was whipping at least 25mph so the chop was really heavy.  I thought about packing it in after a few minutes but decided I needed to check out the new wetsuit and fight the chop.  At the halfway point across the lake, I was able to maintain a steady swim.  It appears to be about 1.5 miles across the lake.  It was good to fight through it and make it across.  I'm glad Joe was able to help me out today.  We are running in the morning.  Wea are only going 80 minutes in the morning.

Bike:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/235259501

Swim:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/235405836

No comments:

Post a Comment