Ironman Boulder

Friday, July 11, 2014

7.11.14 Swim

After a brief consultation with Coach Bennett yesterday, I decided to only swim today and skip the optional short bike ride this evening.  I have a 100+ in the heat tomorrow so it will be best to get a little extra rest for the last long weekend workouts before my taper.  Weird in the water.  I feel tired for the first 500-600 yards in the pool and then feel great until the end of the workout.  I added a few hundred and made it an even 3500 in the water today.  Arms and shoulders were a little sore today.  Not really pain, just sore from work.  I think things are looking good.  I want to get some swim sessions in with the wet suit over the next few weeks to feel comfortable before I get to Boulder.  Hard to believe the days are dwindling down this fast.  I have put in nearly as much work in the first 6.5 months as I did in almost the full year last year.  I have tracked all of my mileage since I started doing this back in early 2011.  On Wednesday, I rolled the odometer on 10,000 miles on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment