Ironman Boulder

Thursday, July 17, 2014

7.17.14 Tempo Run


Today felt more taperish.  I only had 6 miles on the agenda instead of the usual ten or twelve.  Jeff had me do it at a quick pace for me.  1 warm up mile, 4 miles at 8:30-8:45 pace, 1 cool down mile.  I took my 6 mile route through the hills on Sandy Lake road to make it a little more difficult.  I checked the weather radar and there looked like a nice break in the rain so I took off.  I really wanted an extra hour of sleep but the storms today look rough.  I am sick and tired of this sticky humidity.  It is really grating on me mentally.  I leave for Boulder in ten days.  At this point, it can't come soon enough.  My tempo miles were 8:36, 8:38, 8:36, and 8:50.  I think the effort on the hills hurt me on the last one but it doesn't really bother me too much.  It's good to get another one behind me.  The days seem to be clicking off at a rapid pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment