Ironman Boulder

Friday, July 4, 2014

7.3.14 Run

Jeff wanted me to dial back my run from 9 miles to 5-6.  I had surprise in store for me this morning.  Apparently, some sort of mysterious cold front came through and it was 71 degrees this morning.  An awesome gift from the Endurance gods.  I can't say I can ever remember a July morning in Dallas where it was 71 degrees.  I'll take it.  Unfortunately, it was a day with not much mileage.  The humidity was still oppressive but the temperature was nice.  I felt really good for some reason today.  Every mile was under 10 minute pace.  It felt so good, I stretched the run to seven miles.  My last two miles were under 9 minute pace.  I was running easy.  Training is a strange animal.  I felt so bad on Tuesday and so much better on Thursday.  Go figure.  I can only hope for reasonable weather for just two more weekends.  I had a visit on the trail from an armadillo today.  It ran back into the woods instead of running at me, so I have that going for me.  I seem to be one with the armadillo lately.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/#activity/533599040

No comments:

Post a Comment