Ironman Boulder

Sunday, July 20, 2014

7.20.14 Pilot Knoll Trail Run


Bittersweet run today.  It is my last Sunday trail run with my trail crew until probably late August.  Next week I will be in Boulder and they have Leadville two weeks after my race.  It really helps to have people to train with on the long weekend workouts.  I will miss those guys.  No way I could even think about doing this without them.  My plan was for 100 minutes today.  We went to Pilot Knoll because it is fairly flat and doesn't have a lot of roots and rocks.  I gotta stay injury free.  Looks like the rain last week submerged the northern part of the trail and it was really muddy in sections.  We fought through it and ended up going 104 minutes covering 9.3 miles.  I wore my EnduroShark tri suit to check out any chaffing issues.  The trial went well and there are a few things I will do on race day.  Weather was awesome again today.  The temperatures were in the 70s for the entire run.  Not bad for my last long run in Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment