Ironman Boulder

Monday, July 28, 2014

7.27.14 Boulder Creek Trail Run

Woke up this morning and headed out for a run on the actual Ironman run course.  I parked at Boulder High School and headed east.  Most of the run course is to the east.  The trail is only about 12 feet wide and will have accomodate almost 3,000 runners.  The course was really flat.  There were some hills but nothing difficult to speak of.  I stopped every now and then to get some pictures with my phone but can't upload them to this page without my laptop.  I will upload them when I get a chance.  For now, everything will be written.  The altitude, to my surprise, did not bother me at all today.  I am impressed with the supplements the Health Kick store hooked me up with.  Granted, it was less than 24 hours, but I never felt winded at all.  Good sign.  I ran up 13th Street where the finishing shute will be.  Nice to get a visualization.  I covered about 8 miles of the run loop.  There will be two loops for the race so I missed almost 5 miles but I'll pick it up during the week.  When I got back to the hotel, I decided to go to the Rockies game.  They would not be in town for the rest of my stay.  Nice stadium but the hot dogs were not great.  Cleveland still holds the crown.  The Skratch Labs twitter account told me I could come by their corporate office and pick up some nutrition.  I'm gonna do that tomorrow.  I also saw the Garmin Sharp trailer on my run.  They must call Boulder home as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment