Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

7.21.14 Swim

Swim today concludes taper week #1.  I didn't really have a plan at the pool today.  I decided to get in the water and just swim for an hour.  When I reached 3000 yards, I was over an hour but decided to get in another 300 before I stopped.  It was amazing how much harder the 3300 yards was without the wet suit in comparison to last week at the Lewisville Nat.  There is talk on line as to whether the swim will be wet suit legal or not.  76.1 degrees is the cut off but you can swim in a wet suit up to 83 degrees.  Anyone choosing to wear the wet suit over 76.1 is not eligible for a Kona slot or age group awards.  Since the odds of me doing either are slim to none, give me the wet suit.  I don't feel real crappy yet.  A lot of people told me the first week of the taper can be a rough adjustment.  I seem to be ok.  The guys at Bikes Plus gave my bike a tune up.  I needed a new tire and they washed it for me.  Good dudes up there.  They removed the pedals so I'm ready to drop my bike off with the Tri Bike Transport people at Richardson Bike Mart.  My bike has to be there before 6pm on Thursday.  It is all becoming very real now.

No comments:

Post a Comment