Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

7.15.14 Speed Work

Jeff changed things up a little on my first taper week.  I haven't done speed work in what seems like a month but I did today.  1 mile warm up, 4x (15 sec build, 15 sec recovery), 3x (3 min at 8:30 pace, 1 min recovery), 4x (2 min at 8:15 pace, 1 min recovery), 5x (1 min at 8:00 min pace, 30 sec recovery), 1 mile cool down.  I didn't feel like driving to the track so I ran about a mile on Andy Brown trail and did the intervals on a trail that goes around two softball fields.  The trails are concrete but my legs were feeling ok.  For the most part, my times were ahead of designated pacing.  I tried to stay at requested pacing but found myself feeling faster for whatever reason.  Almost all of them ended up in the 8:00 pace range.  My spidy senses for pacing were off having not done any speed work in quite some time.  Good day overall for the first taper workout.

http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/542040279

No comments:

Post a Comment