Ironman Boulder

Saturday, August 2, 2014

8.2.14 Last Rest Day

The family is all here and it's finally race day tomorrow.  Late Thursday night, I pulled a muscle in my back that wraps to my hip opening the hotel room door.  I didn't do anything yesterday or today except rest.  It's not healed but much better than it was on Thursday.  I loaded some extra strength Tylenol as a last resort that I will carry with me.  Dropped my bike, bike gear bag and run gear bag today at the designated locations.  Time to rest until tomorrow.  Whatever is going to happen will happen now.  It's nice to get messages of encouragement from home.  Doug (aka The Ghost), sent Jeff and me a message today.  I wish I could ride like that dude.  It will be a long day.  All I want is to hear, "Lance McCaskey, you are an Ironman" in the finishing chute.

No comments:

Post a Comment