Ironman Boulder

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday 9.30.12

Justin and me were going to leave this morning at 6am but he sent me a text and the weather looked like everything should clear by 8am so we decided to leave then.  It was sprinkling when we left.  We picked up Kim, a friend of Justin's on the way.  We didn't get very far and the rain became pretty steady and with the wind blowing at 10-15mph, this was not going to be a fun ride.  My plan called for 3 hours of moderate riding with 3 five minute hard efforts.  That plan went out the window.  It was pretty slick out there so I just tried to maintain a steady pace and steer clear of slick spots, puddles, and slowed down on corners.  I almost lost my rear wheel a couple of time when I really stood on the pedals.  I took a stinger waffle with me and honey stinger gels.  One bottle of Accelerade and one bottle of water.  I didn't need to refill the bottles.  We seemed to be taking in water whether we wanted or not from the rain.  I did stay on top of the gel and ate the waffle at about the 2 hour mark.  The rain finally died down at the end of the ride.  I did not really have a choice about riding today.  I need all of the time I can get so I had to move ahead today.  I'm glad Justin and Kim wanted to stick it out today.  That was a character building ride today.  I'm glad to be done with it.  It's rained for about 2 straight days now.  Hopefully, this all goes away today.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/228541754

No comments:

Post a Comment