Ironman Boulder

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday 9.13.12

Busy day today.  I ran this morning and went straight to work.  I just got home so this will probably be short and sweet.  My hamstrings and legs were still a little sore from the Tuesday run.  The plan called for 8 miles today including a warm up mile, 3 sets of one mile hard effort and a recovery mile followed by a cool down mile.  My 8 mile route is a little hilly so the first two hard effort miles were in the middle of some hills.  All of the faster miles were in the 8:40 range.  The recovery miles were right at 10:00 miles.  My stomach did not feel great today either.  I loaded up my fuel belt with water and went through 3 of the 4 bottles.  I had a pomegranate honey stinger.  Those are awesome.  The work today was hard so I made sure to drink a cup of Endurox after the run.  I remember when a 8 mile run on a Thursday would seem impossible a few months ago.  I was glad to be able to get the work in today.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/222223690

No comments:

Post a Comment