Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday 9.26.12

Two workouts today.  The morning workout was a 2300 yard swim.  It was the same swim I did last Wednesday and I forgot my fins, same as last week.  I also forgot to bring a bottle of water.  I did remember the honey stinger gel.  My stomach was giving me problems this morning and I wasn't sure I was going to go at all for awhile.  I went ahead and fought through it this morning.  Once I got going on the swim, I felt really good.  The rest of the day at work went well and I was ready for the evening bike ride.  I got out of work a little late and didn't get going until about 6:20pm.  My goal was between 80-90 minutes tonight.  I was supposed to warm up and then maintain a moderate pace the rest of the way.  I was able to average almost 17mph tonight.  the wind was blowing at least 15mph and I was making good time into the wind tonight.  It was at my back on the way home and I was flying.  It was dark when I got back to the house.  I have about 4 more weekdays to get through on the bike before the race.  I don't really like being out there in the dark by myself but what are you going to do.  I have to get the workouts in.  I am happy with my improvement on the bike.  I think things are starting to turn aound and my stamina is getting better each week.  My mileage has been off a little bit on the bike this year but I may be getting it back just in time.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/227307897

No comments:

Post a Comment