Ironman Boulder

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday 9.16.12

It has been wet with a slow rain all day long.  The rain was supposed to break aroun noon.  My son had a hockey game this morning so I decided to run after his game today.  I was in a little bit of a rush.  I forgot my potassium pill before I left.  I did have a full fuel belt of water and three honey stinger gels.  I missed my usual running crew today and was on my own.  I decided to head south down MacArthur into Valley Ranch until I hit 52 minutes and then turn around for home.  I made it to the Campion Trail before turning around.  the goal today was 105 minutes.  I had a gel at about 40 minutes and 80 minutes.  Covered 10.6 miles today.  The first 4-5 miles were in the 9:50 range.  I slowed to a little over 10 for all but the last mile.  High 9s for the last mile with the end in sight.  Knees were really sore when I finished.  Had a recovery cup of Endurox when I finished and a turkey sandwich.  Longest training run this year.  I have gone this far in terms of elapsed time but not for the same distance because I usually do trails on Sunday.  The concrete is far more unforgiving and I am feeling it today.  I hope tomorrow feels ok.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment