Ironman Boulder

Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday 9.24.12

I'm now 5 weeks out from the race.  The days are passing quickly and it will be here before I know it.  Today is a rest day for my legs.  The only workout today was a swim this morning.  I felt a little sluggish at times but the longer 300 yard intervals were good.  I was able to settle into a nice rhythm and crank out the distance with ease.  The entire swim today was 2500 yards and I finished in about 56 minutes.  All swimming except one 200 yard pull so it went really fast.  My legs this morning feel a little tight after the long run on Sunday, especially my quads.  Jeff said it was ok to go over the estimated time as long as my legs are ok for the Tuesday run.  I will have to stretch them with the foam roller pretty good tonight and make sure I feel good for tomorrow.  Jeff's plan for this week should come today and it should back off a little.  I should have a quick recovery before going into one last build phase.  The hay is almost in the barn at this point.  A few more weeks of heavy work and then we'll see where we go from here.  I feel pretty anxious about it at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment