Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday 9.12.11

A change in plans for a Wednesday.  Typically, I would do two or three workouts on Wednesday.  I can't do that this week due to work commitments for the next two nights.  Jeff gave me a really hard workout yesterday and a lighter, almost off day.  I went to the pool this morning for a 2500 yard swim.  No one was there today.  I had to wonder whether it was really Wednesday.  The Dallas Athletes usually come pouring in for a 7am workout but no one came today.  My hamstrings were still a little sore from yesterday but that really doesn't bother me too much in the water.  I had some 50 yard sets at hard effort and felt a little tired on those sets.  The swims never really give me too much trouble anymore unless I am dealing with cramping after a hard workout the previous day.  I could tell my energy level was not as good as Monday.  The swim portion of the Ironman race in October used to be one of my biggest fears.  I don't have that fear anymore.  I am more concentrated on maintaining a decent pace while expending as little energy as possible.  Tomorrow is an 8 mile run so I'm hoping for some leg recovery today.  I am completely out of nutrition so I will need to stop at REI or Run On today.  I don't have Endurox, gels, or waffles.  My Clif bar stash is running down to nothing as well.  I have really been tearing through the nutrition over the past few weeks.  I think my calorie burn is well over 11,000 per week at this point.  My weight was dangerously close to getting into the 160s.  For the past few days, I have been 170.8 to about 171.5.  I would ideallly like to be at least 165 for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment