Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday 9.5.12

I'm back in town after getting my daughter moved into her dorm room at college.  I didn't have alot of time to dedicate to training from Saturday through Tuesday.  Saturday was the Alabama game at the Death Star and I spent all day out in Arlington.  I left early Sunday morning for Minneapolis.  We spent all day at my daughter's school.  My wife and I went to the St. Paul Saints game on Sunday and that was fun.  I got up on Monday and did run.  I ran a little over 7 miles through campus and almost to downtown St. Paul before coming back on the same route.  I averaged 9:13 miles which was ok.  I intentionally was not pushing the pace.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/219101971

I got my plan from Jeff on Tuesday and he had a full track plan for me.  I think he thought I was already back in Dallas.  I was going to try and do some of the run when I got home.  It was 103 degrees and I just didn't have the energy yesterday.  I decided to stay home and fight another day.  The plan for today is a little bit of everything.  I was supposed to swim for an hour.  I was also going to do a 2 hour bike ride followed by a 15 minute run straight off the bike.  I slept a little late today and the heat is supposed to be bad again today.  I opted for the bike run this morning and will do the swim later today.  I didn't start the bike until about 9am.  I had to travel some busy roads and I wanted the rush hour traffic to die down.  I took gels every 30 minutes and had a bottle of water and a bottle of Accelerade.  At about the half way point, I reloaded the bottles with ice and water.  I decided on the potassium pill today since the heat is high and I have a heavy work load.  Felt ok on the bike.  Didn't really push the pace too much due to the building heat.  When I got off the bike, I changed shoes and took off for a 15 minute run to start acclimating my legs to running off the bike.  It was really starting to warm up.  I didn't take anything with me for a 15 minute run.  I was running at about 9:10 pace.  It felt much slower for some reason so I was surprised at the time.  When I got home, I jumped in the pool to cool down.  Felt great.  I need to find a time for my swim this afternoon.  The heat should break this weekend so I'm looking forward to that.

Bike:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/219186267
Run:  http://connect.garmin.com/activity/219186275

No comments:

Post a Comment