Ironman Boulder

Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday 8.31.12

I took the day off from work so I slept in a little.  I went to the pool around 8am for my 2700 yard swim.  Took a honey stinger and a bottle of water.  It was good to sleep in a little bit.  The swim was fairly uneventful.  I did feel a little tired through the first 500 yards but that quickly dissapated and I was back to normal.  After the swim, I came home and had a bite to eat.  Rested for a few hours and then got ready for my bike ride.  I would typically do the second workout in the evening but I have friends in town for the Alabama game tomorrow and am meeting them for dinner tonight.  It was a little overcast this morning so I checked the weather and didn't see any rain in the forecast.  As soon as I opened the garage door, the humidity hit me in the face.  It was only going to be a 90 minute ride out to Murrell Park at Lake Grapevine and back so I took one bottle of water and two honey stinger gels.  I miscalculated the need for water and had to fill up at the Flower Mound fire station.  It was getting hot and the sweat was pouring off of me.  I forgot to take a potassium pill or bring shark salt with me.  The ride was to be a 15 minute warm up, four intervals of 2 minutes hard and 7 minutes easy, 10 minutes of high cadence and a 15 minute cool down.  Maintaining the high cadence is the hardest thing for me as I am a bit of a masher.  I will not be posting for a few days.  Tomorrow is the Alabama game at the Death Star and then I am going to Minneapolis to get my daughter settled at Hamline.  I may run a little bit in Minneapolis but that would be about it so this is a little bit of a break for me.  I figure there is probably one or two heavy builds before the race and I am starting to feel a little nervousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment