Ironman Boulder

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Trail Run 8.12.12

Today was the Sunday trail run.  Trails have been a big part of my training for the last few months and I really think it helps alot.  Ran with the Matrix, Joe and the Hammer joined us today.  Nice to have a crew to run with.  Had a shark salt before I left.  Loaded the fuel belt with water, took one Honey Stinger and a few shark salts for the run.  Met Joe at his house at 7:30.  Weather was a little warmer than yesterday but still very comfortable for August.  I think it was about 78 when we started.  Rained a little bit on the first few miles so the humidity was up.  I felt really good today.  I was basically turning over 11 minute miles on the trail which is very fast for me.  I took another shark salt and the honey stinger gel at the 40 minute mark of the run.  I was a little tired towards the end of the run but I think that is to be expected considering the pace.  Today was so much better than last Sunday.  I think my strength is coming back.  Drank my Endurox after the run and we all jumped in the Matrix pool to cool off.  Felt great.  A very encouraging day and a pretty good week of training this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment