Ironman Boulder

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday 8.16.12

Thursday is my worst day of the week.  Jeff always gives me a longer tempo run after a fairly busy Tuesday and Wednesday.  I was worried about my legs after the work I put in yesterday.  Today was a difficult day on my feet.  My legs and hips were a little tired and I just couldn't get the 5k pace miles up to speed.  Overall, it was a fairly consistent pace.  I haven't had a 7 mile Thurday run in quite a while.  I did not take a shark salt this morning which may have been a mistake. It was still a little warm and humid from the rain yesterday.  The workout was to be a warm up mile, 2-5k pace miles, a recovery mile, 2-10k pace miles, and a cool down mile.  I wasn't slow but I wasn't fast either.  Did eat a honey stinger half way through and emptied my fuel belt with water.  I also had a delicious honey stinger waffle before I left.  They are really good.  Weighed 171 when I got home.  Can't seem to break into the 160s.

Warm Up:  9:34
5k mile: 9:14
5k mile: 9:03
Recovery mile: 10:23 (not really this slow, walked for a few feet while I ate the gel)
10k mile: 9:33
10k mile: 9:12
Cool Down: 9:36

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/211236749

No comments:

Post a Comment