Ironman Boulder

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday 8.25.12

Last long August ride of the year.  Usually it is still about 105 degrees and really warm in the morning in late August.  When the rain starts at the end of summer, usually Labor Day, it's downhill on the temperatures from there.  However, once the rain comes, the winds come up.  It rained on me today for about 15 minutes and the wind was blowing 15-20 from the S/SW.  It seemed like I couldn't get away from it no matter what I did.  The rain was an unexpected blow.  It stings when it hits your face, arms, and legs not to mention the humidity.  I took a potassium pill and a stinger waffle before hitting the road.  Packed honey stinger gels for every 30 minutes, some shark salt, another honey stinger waffle, one bottle of water and a bottle of accelerade.  I left about 7:45am.  Slept in a little this morning since the temperatures were not supposed to be too hot.  Plan called for four hours on the bike.  Went out to Argyle and back.  Typically about a 60 mile route.  With the wind blowing it was a few minutes short of the four hours. I felt pretty good for the first 35 miles and then the wind wore me down.  The last 20 miles were tough.  I saw Joe running on Wichita Trail on the way out.  What are the odds?  I'll see him tomorrow for our run.  I am really tired after that ride.  Probably need an afternoon nap today.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/214796692

No comments:

Post a Comment