Ironman Boulder

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saturday 8.18.12

Woke up at 5am today.  Justin and I left about 5:40am and met Joel at the end of Parkway on the way out towards Flower Mound.  Justin and Joel were pretty fast today.  We were easily averaging 18+ out to the Whitehouse and back.  They were dropping me a little on some of the harder climbs but I was hanging in there ok after a fairly intense week of work.  The weather was mid 70s and probably low 80s by the time we finished.  I tried to be diligent about eating a honey stinger every 30 minutes and had a stinger waffle at the Whitehouse (actually was painted a tan color now, don't know what we'll call it).  I needed three hours today so I broke off with them close to Coppell and rode over the dam and back.  Had to add one more small detour and got home at 3 hours and 3 minutes covering 53.5 miles.  I was pretty tired when I got home and it was a fairly hot pace for me today.  Next week should be another build week so I'll try to add a little more mileage and time on.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/211950457

No comments:

Post a Comment