Ironman Boulder

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday 8.23.12

Two updates for today.  I had a ride last night on the bike and and ran this morning.

8.22 Ride
I was to get 90 minutes in last evening on the bike.  15 minute warm up and then 3 sets of 5 minutes easy, 5 minutes hard, and 5 minutes moderate followed by 10 minutes of high cadence with a cool down on the way home.  I rode to the end of Murrell Park at Lake Grapevine and back.  I have been trying for some time to get there in less than 45 minutes.  I did not deviate from the plan and I got to Murrell Park in 44:38.  The wind was kind of with me on the way out so that helped some.  I took a honey stinger at the park and drank a bottle of water on the trip.  I took a potassium pill before the ride.  Felt pretty good the whole way.  Covered 26.2 miles in about 1 hour and 35 minutes.  The wind was in my face on the way back making it slightly slower on the return trip.  I had a cup of Endurox when I got home.  I figured all the help I could get recovering would be necessary for the run this morning.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/213987428

8.23 Run
I had to get up really early today due to meetings starting at 8am.  For the first time in awhile, I set my phone alarm it had to wake me up at 5am.  I am getting a little tired from a sleep perspective and probably need a few more hours than I am getting right now.  My legs and knees were a little sore when I woke up and I thought this was going to be a real struggle this morning.  I took the Bethel School route from the house which is hilly for the first half of the run and then pretty flat for the last 3-4 miles.  The plan called for a warm up mile, (2) 10k paced miles, recovery mile, (2) 10k paced miles, recovery mile, and a cool down mile.  Eight miles total.  The longest Thursday run I have had in a long time.  Started out kind of rough and had a hard time getting going.  Once I jumped into the first set of 10k miles, I increased the pace and starting feeling better as time went by.  My pace got faster and faster, even with the hills.  I stopped to walk for a few yards to eat a honey stinger and get a drink from my fuel belt after the first set of 10k miles.  Started running again and it took a few minutes to feel good.  My last set of 10k miles were in the low 9/high 8 range respectively and I was really humming along.  My last mile and a half was into the rising sun.  Really nice this morning.  Cool temps and the sunrise was really cool with Jimi Hendrix blowing in my ears.  Started to tire and fade slightly towards the end.  No doubt, I was ready to stop but I made it through really well.  Surprising.  I have put alot of run miles on this week.  I hope my legs hold out.  We'll see.

Warm Up:  10:36
10k Mile:  9:31
10k Mile:  9:27
Recovery:  10:37
10k Mile:  9:17
10k Mile:  8:46
Recovery:  9:51
Cool Down:  9:59

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/213987441

2 comments:

  1. bolavita agen Slot Online terpercaya degan bonus dan pelayanan terbaik

    Ayo segera daftarkan menjadi angota baru bolavita hanya modal 50 rbu
    bisa jadi jutawan hanya ada di bolavita.club

    hanya dengan mebuktikan sendiri baru akan percya ayo segera daftar y tunngu ya
    degan pelayanan 24 jam yg sangat ramah dan baik

    Bonus cash back 10% untuk setiap member

    ayo segera daftar dan buktikan sendiri
    info lbh lanjut:

    WA: +62812-2222-995

    ReplyDelete