Ironman Boulder

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday Trail Run 8.5.12

I got a message from the Matrix (Rich) that he was back from Australia and was up for a trail run this morning.  Good news for me.  I met Rich at 7:30 at his house close to the Northshore trail.  I had a shark salt and a gel before the run.  It was probably about 84 degrees when we started and close to 89 when we finished.  Rich ran about 10 miles before I got there.  The run was hard today.  I took a break at about the 40 minute mark to eat a gel and get some water in my system.  We walked a little bit when we exited the trail and then ran back to the starting point.  Had my recovery drink and jumped in Rich's pool before driving home.  Was a little tired again for some reason today.  Don't know if the two light weeks have caused a slight loss of fitness or if it is just heat and speed work.  Doesn't really matter, the goal for August will be to get in the work and survive the Texas heat.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/206901947

No comments:

Post a Comment