Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wednesday 8.29.12

It's pretty hectic around the house this week.  My daughter heads to college tomorrow in Minnesota and I have friends coming into town for the Alabama game on Saturday against Michigan.  I'll be going to Minnesota after the game.  I had to work all night at work last night so my schedule was all jacked up.  I rode my bike this afternoon at 2:30pm followed by a 2400 yard swim at 4:00pm.  Usually I would get a break on Wednesday and bust the two workouts into a morning and evening workout.  I took a potassium pill before jumping on the bike.  Took one bottle of water with me.  Bike ride consisted of 15 minute warm up, 10 minutes at medium/high cadence, 10 minutes easy, 10 minutes at medium/high cadence, and a 15 minute cool down.  The ride went 63 minutes and 17.14 miles.  I felt fine getting off the bike.  The winds were a little crazy.  They seemed to be east/northeast and were a little breezy.  The wind did not create any issues.  The temps were upper 90s.  When I got home, I changed and loaded up a bottle of water and a bottle of Endurox since the two workouts were going to span a couple of hours.  I need to recover before the run in the morning.  When I got to the pool, I did feel a little tired after coming off the bike.  I started cramping in my foot about half way through the swim and did not finish as strong as I would have liked.  I did take a gel before the swim and drank a bottle of water pool side during breaks.  I really haven't done a workout quite like this under these conditions.  I'm going to chalk it up to lack of sleep.  I did have to drink some cokes last night to stay awake.  Who knows, this scenario should not play out like this again for a while.  I'm hoping hurrican Isaac stays away from Dallas for the next few days.  I am under the 60 day mark to the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment