Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday 8.15.12

Today was a little bit of everything day.  I had a long swim this morning, 2600 yards.  It stormed pretty bad all night and I didn't know if the Aquatic Center was going to be open or not.  I went anyway and it was open.  I took a bottle of water and a honey stinger.  Swim was pretty straight forward and I was able to knock it out in about 62 minutes which is pretty fast.  Still feeling pretty good in the water.  When I got home from work today I needed to ride about 75 minutes.  The plan was a 15 minute warm up and cool down.  In between were four sets of 1 minute easy, 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy, 3 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy, and 1 minute easy at a fast cadence.  Felt pretty good during the ride.  Took a bottle of water, a honey stinger and shark salt with me.  I had a shark salt before I left.  Took the honey stinger at around 40 minutes and had another shark salt when I finished with the bike.  It wasn't real hot, only about 94, but the humidity was up after the storms last night.  When I finished the bike, I immediately changed shoes and ran for 15 minutes.  Jeff has me do this every now and then to get my legs used to running after getting off the bike.  I was supposed to run easy and averaged about 9:05/mile pace.  I hope this doesn't cause problems for me tomorrow morning.  I have 7 miles to do early in the morning.  I am still feeling really good this week so we will see how it goes tomorrow and the rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment