Ironman Boulder

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday 8.26.12

It rained a little yesterday but not enough to stay off the trails at Lake Grapevine.  I was really tired after the bike ride.  Met Joe and the Matrix at Joe's house at 7:30 this morning.  I knew this was going to be a tough run and the plan called for 100 minutes today.  We had one section with some cobwebs to fight through but not too bad.  The trails were in good shape.  I tried to keep a fairly steady pace.  Rich wanted to speed it up about half way in and we increased tempo for about a mile or so.  My legs were tired and I actually tripped and fell down twice today on the trail.  No damage to speak of except a cut on my knee.  Sand and dirt all over me and the water bottles.  I took two gels with me and a full fuel belt of water.  I took a potassium pill before the run and also took a shark salt at about the 70 minute mark.  It was overcast all morning.  The sun started to come out at the end of the run.  We jumped in Rich's pool.  Felt really good and drank my Endurox.  That was the end of a hard week of training.  I will definitely remember today when things get really hard in Austin during the race.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/215233858

No comments:

Post a Comment