Ironman Boulder

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Saturday Bike 8.4.12

Woke up about 4:15 this morning and to get ready for my ride.  I didn't feel great from the time I woke up.  Justin wheeled over to my driveway at 5:15 and we took off to meet Joel.  I did alot of speed work running this week and Jeff warned me my legs may be a little tired today.  I just couldn't get it going today and I never felt strong the entire ride.  I guess there are days like this along the way.  The wind was a little strong for August and especially that early in the morning, about 10-15 from the southwest.  We went over the dam, around the south side of the airport, through Las Colinas and then back through Valley Ranch to the house.  Covered 38.39 miles in 2 hours and 15 minutes.  Averaged around 17mph.  A little slower going out due to the wind.  Picked up my box of Honey Stinger gels yesterday afternoon on the way home from work.  Had a salt shark before I left.  Took in three Honey Stingers on the ride.  Probably not enough on the nutrition side.  Took one bottle of water and another bottle of Accelerade.  Pretty much emptied both of them.  Had a glass of Endurox when I got home and jumped in the pool to cool down.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/206412888

No comments:

Post a Comment