Ironman Boulder

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday 9.25.12

I received my workout plan from Jeff for the week.  I will be backing off some this week on the mileage and time as a recovery week.  Today, I warmed up running to the track.  Once there, I ran 3 miles at half marathon pace with 400 recovery runs after each mile.  My legs were still a little stiff from the long Sunday run.  It took me a little while to get loose and my warm up mile was over 10 minute mile pace.  When I got to the track, everyone was running in the wrong direction.  I hate running clockwise.  I don't know why, but it really bothers me.  There wasn't much I could do about it.  My first mile was an 8:50 mile.  Too fast.  My half marathon pace should be high 9s.  It was dark at 6am so it was hard to see what my times were like.  I didn't feel like I was running that fast.  Ran the second mile in 9:08.  I had a honey stinger gel and some water before the third mile.  The third mile was 9:16.  All three were probably too fast.  It felt like an easy rhythm but I couldn't seem to dial it back appropriately.  Jeff's instructions this week were to not be tempted to exert too much effort.  I may have failed on that front today.  My return pace to the house was around 10 minute pace.  I don't know what to think about today.  Hopefully, I can hold back a little.  It is increasingly difficult to back off when my mind set for over a month has been hauling ass mode.  There always seems to be one song on my iPod that gives me the energy to make it home.  Today, the winner is AC/DC.  "Rock and roll ain't no riddle man, to me it makes good, good sense."

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/226766074

No comments:

Post a Comment