Ironman Boulder

Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday 9.10.12

Monday is a light day for training.  It is a day to let the legs rest from the long run and ride over the weekend.  I got up this morning for my Monday swim.  2650 yards today in the pool.  Main set was 200 pull followed by 3x100 strong swims.  I repeated this three times.  My 100s were in the 1:45 to 1:55 range.  It was tough to maintain pace and form towards the end.  It requires concentration and focus to keep good form to maintain speed.  Swimming is the easiest to lapse in form and go slow.  When you get tired, you automatically take the easy way out from an effort standpoint.  It's natural.  I'll stretch tonight with the foam roller.  That hurts sometimes but it does help.  I should get this week's plan from Jeff today.  It is 7 weeks until the race.  My internal anxiety is beginning to build again.

No comments:

Post a Comment