Ironman Boulder

Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday 9.28.12

I woke up this morning around 5:15 for my swim.  It was pretty busy when I got to the pool.  All the lanes were full.  One opened up when I was ready so I was able to jump in as soon as I finished my honey stinger gel.  I remembered my water today.  Hectic swim today with alot of shorter distance but high intensity work.  Covered 2400 yards today and it took about 58 minutes.  A little long by time considering the distance but some of the rests between sets were :30 due to the intensity.  I felt really fast today and had good strength throughout the swim.  About 30 minutes into the swim, everyone left the pool so I finished the back half of the workout with me and a lifeguard.  Fairly well protected, I suppose.  I am to do an easy hour on the bike tonight.  The weather is forecasted to get bad this afternoon and then rain all day tomorrow.  I am concerned about the ride tomorrow.  My plan is to get 3 hours in and I need that time on the bike.  I am finally starting to feel good on the bike again and I don't want to lose ground.  I am out of nutrition again so I went to REI at lunch.  I don't know if there is an issue with their system but the honey stinger gels are only 99 cents.  They show $1.30 on the shelf.  It makes them much less expensive than anywhere you can go in town.  I bought 3 fruit smoothie gels to try and 3 chocolates to go with my pomegranate.  Picked up a few more stinger waffles and some Clif bar crunch as well.  This should hold me over for a few weeks.  If there is anything I want to experiment with, it has to be now or this is what I am going with for the race.  I need to check the Ironman Austin race guide and see what they are stocking at the aid stations.  I may need to experiment with some of those supplements.  Hoping the weather gives me a window tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment