Ironman Boulder

Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Part 2 - 9.14.12

Got home a little late from work today.  Family wanted to go get something to eat before I was able to get in my 5 mile run.  We went to eat and then I came home and let things settle in my stomach.  Work brought in some pizza for lunch today and it just didn't sit right with me.  I thought about bailing out on the run but I need to get my work in this close to the race.  I will do my best to get every workout in at this point.  The rain was very light all evening so I loaded 2 bottles in my fuel belt and took off.  It was in the 60s tonight so I considered going without water.  As it turned out, I didn't really need the water.  I had a few ounces halfway into the run and my stomach was not handling it well.  This was supposed to be an easy 5 mile run.  I averaged 9:27 miles, if memory serves.  I ran through the park tonight.  I am not a big fan of running the trail along the creek at night.  There are coyotes in there and they randomly make appearances at times.  I didn't see another person in the park tonight so I would be on my own with the coyotes, if they came out to play.  The run was smooth and pretty easy.  I did not push the pace at all.  I need to get 4 hours in on the bike tomorrow morning.  We'll see how the extra run mileage affects my ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment