Ironman Boulder

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday 9.15.12

Stayed up a little late last night so I went ahead and slept in a little.  The weather is going to be cool outside all day so there was no rush.  As long as I am home for the Alabama game at 2:30, it didn't matter.  Wind was out of the NW at about 10 mph.  My route out to Argyle goes straight into the wind but I would get it at my back on the way home.  Justin couldn't go with me this morning so I was on my own today.  Jeff's plan said 4 hours with no hard efforts today.  I really didn't push the pace too much and just stayed steady most of the way, especially into the wind.  I took a potassium pill this morning but didn't feel like shark salt was necessary.  The temps were in the high 60s and overcast with a little light rain at times.  I ate a Clif bar before leaving, loaded up a bottle with water and one bottle with Accelerade.  Took enough honey stinger gels for every 30 minutes and a strawberry stinger waffle.  Felt really good through the first 25 miles.  The wind had me a little tired until I could turn around and head home.  At about 40 miles, my legs started feeling the effects of all the running this week.  The entire ride was 4 hours and one minute covering 63 miles.  For the first time in a while, it wasn't unimaginable that I could go out and run a little.  Over the last 48 hours, I have exceeded all the distance that will be in the race.  I try to imagine it mentally at this point.  The race is in seven weeks so it's coming on fast.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/223007915

No comments:

Post a Comment