Ironman Boulder

Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday 9.14.12

With my modified schedule this week, today is supposed to be a double workout day.  This morning I swam 2350 yards.  Not a long swim based on most of my swim workouts for the past few weeks.  What was different was the amount of leg work in the workout.  Several sets using the kickboard today.  Of the 2350 yards, at least 600-700 yards of workout was dedicated to the kickboard.  Felt good throughout the workout.  I took a bottle of water with me and took a honey stinger gel before the swim.  This evening I am going to try and do an easy but steady 5 mile run.  It is raining today and hopefully I can get this worked in and avoid most of the showers.  I usually do not perform a long a run before my four hour Saturday ride so I'm not sure how this will affect me tomorrow.  I saw Justin in the alley yesterday and he may go with me tomorrow on the ride.  It would be nice to have someone to keep me company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment