Ironman Boulder

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday 9.6.12

Today's workout was an 8 mile run.  The run consisted of a warm up mile, (2x) mile at marathon pace, mile at half marathon pace, mile at 10k pace, and the last mile was a cool down mile.  I have never run a marathon or half marathon so I am guessing here.  I decided the best plan was to incorporate the 5 minute run, 1 minute walk for the marathon pace, keep a slow but steady pace for the half marathon and a 9 minute mile for the 10k pace.  I knew this would be tough today after a very busy day yesterday.  The heat and humidity is still pretty high in Dallas this week.  My hips were a little sore this morning when I woke up.  After the first couple of miles, I felt pretty good physically but I was a little worn down from yesterday.  I pushed the pace on the 10k miles and managed around 8:50 for both of those miles.  I took a potassium pill and a honey stinger waffle before the run.  I took a honey stinger gel and a full fuel belt of water with me.  The humidity had me soaking wet when I got home.  This is my last day off for my vacation so I started around 8am and finished at 9:20am.  I am happy to avoid the 100+ temps this afternoon.  Slugging out the miles for the past few weeks has taken my mind off the race.  Now that my daughter is at school and I am locked into training, I'm sure it will be at the forefront of my mind again.

Warm Up Mile:  9:56
Marathon Mile:  10:24
Half Marathon Mile:  10:14
10k Mile:  8:50
Marathon Mile:  11:17
Half Marathon Mile:  10:04
10k Mile:  8:50
Cool Down Mile:  11:04

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/219483831

No comments:

Post a Comment