Ironman Boulder

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday 9.23.12

I met Joe and the Matrix at Joe's house this morning at 7:30am.  It was 67 degrees this morning.  Very nice for running.  I was looking for 2 hours today and we decided to run to the MADD shelter and back on the Northshore trail.  I had a full fuel belt of water and 3 honey stinger gels for the run.  My Endurox was waiting in the car back at Joe's house.  Run started well and we were running a consistent pace.  About a quarter mile from the MADD shelter, Rich decided to really pick up the pace.  I went with him.  I'm not sure how fast we were moving but I wouldn't want to go any faster on that trail.  We stopped briefly at the shelter, drank some water and had a gel before heading back.  Seems like the humidity was coming up big time.  The next 15 minutes were ok but I hit a tough stretch for about 20 minutes but we kept moving.  About an hour and half in, I took my last gel and that seemed to help with some energy.  Rich and I almost got smoked by some Mountain bikes, they came flying off a cliff wall and almost ran us over.  We finally made it off the trail at about the 2 hour mark and I had about 1 mile back to Joe's house.  Walked up a hill to Wichita Trail and then finished off the run.  Finished the road portion at 9:27 pace.  Altogether, covered 10.74 miles in 2 hours and 9 minutes.  We stopped at casa de Matrix to rest our legs in the cold pool water.  Don't know how I would make these long Sunday runs without those boys.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/226061115

No comments:

Post a Comment