Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday 9.19.12

The workout today is a multiple and covers everything.  I swam 2300 yards this morning in the pool.  For whatever reason, I overslept and did not wake up on my own around 5am.  I have settled into a pattern where I just wake up automatically every day at this time and don't need an alarm.  Today, I woke up at 6:25am.  I was in a big hurry and got out of the house as soon as possible.  I was in the water by 6:45.  Downside is I forgot my bottle of water and fins.  I was supposed to use fins today for one of the 5x100 sets.  I just did another swim set.  The workout was really straight forward.  Nothing goofy today.  I felt a little tightness in my left shoulder but it subsided about half way into the swim.  This evening I am supposed to ride my bike 70-90 minutes followed by a 15 minute run right off the bike.  The days are getting shorter and my ability to get out of Coppell is somewhat compromised.  To get out to the lake or Flower Mound, I have to travel a few very heavily used roads and riding the bike creates alot of angry drivers.  I will do what I can depending on when I get home.  I'm not sure how this is going to work for the next month because daylight is slipping away from me each and every day.  I will update this entry tonight after the ride and run.

Bike Ride:  I got home as quickly as possible and got ready for the ride.  I got out of the garage at 6:11pm and needed to get between 70-90 minutes in.  The plan was a 10 minute warmup, followed by 3 minutes of hard effort then 6 minutes of easy effort (repeated until I got about 10 minutes from the finish), and then 10 minutes of cool down.  I felt really good for the ride today.  I was able to maneuver through Coppell and get 23.75 miles over one hour and 27 minutes.  I had a honey stinger at about the 50 minute mark and drank one bottle of water on the ride.  Weather was really nice.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/224753678

Run:  Immediately after getting off the bike, I was to run 15 minutes.  I swapped shoes and got my bike gear off and started running.  It was a little rough at first because the legs feel a little strange off the bike.  The goal for a short run is to get the legs acclimated to running after a ride.  I quickly got into a rhythm and was moving pretty well.  The first mile was 8:58 and the second mile pace was 8:28 although the second mile was cut short at .72 miles.  My pace was pretty fast and I wasn't really pushing it very hard at all.  Good day all the way around.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/224753679

No comments:

Post a Comment