Ironman Boulder

Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday 9.17.12

I woke up today and didn't feel too terribly bad.  I expected to have my legs feel sore and tired.  11 miles on concrete yesterday would normally be fairly bad on my knees as well.  I seemed to have recovered pretty well.  Throughout the day yesterday, I had problems with my knees feeling a little sore.  Could be affects from my arthritis.  Monday is just a swim day.  2400 yards in the pool.  The swim workout included alot of stick drill today.  I used some sort of diving toy used for swim lessons at the pool.  The stick drill means you hold a stick in front of you and you pass control of the stick from one hand to the other as you swim.  Terribly awkward but all of your momentum is created by one arm or the other.  After the first few hundred yards of doing this, I got into a rhythm.  This is not one of my favorite drills in the water.  The swim was mostly technique driven for the most part today.  Took a honey stinger before the swim and a bottle of water pool side.  When I weighed this morning, I was 170.0.  Just missed the 160s again today.  The race is beginning to become a reality as each day passes by and the uneasiness starts to grow.  I just don't want to bonk and not make it.  Within the next week or two, I should be able to get a forecast for the weather in Austin.  It may change substantially but I like working with known factors.

No comments:

Post a Comment