Ironman Boulder

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday 9.9.12

Woke up this morning at about 6:30 and started to get ready for my bike ride.  I left the house at about 7:45am.  Plan called for a 4 hour ride today.  The weather was cool with light winds from the northwest.  It was actually a little cold on the bike for the first hour.  I rode out to Argyle this morning and back on a familiar route.  Round trip was 60.28 miles and I covered the distance in 3 hours and 46 minutes.  My speed was ok on the flats and descends but I didn't have good strength climbing hills today.  I'm not sure if running yesterday would have affected my leg strength for the ride today.  I felt my left quad getting tight a few times on the harder efforts.  I haven't really had that feeling before.  My hips and knees felt a little better this morning.  I was low on gel today so I took some Clif bars, Honey Stinger waffles and a few GU gels with me.  As usual, one bottle of water and one bottle of Accelerade were on board.  I made my usual stop to reload water at the shell station on FM 1171.  I stopped and ate the Clif bars at Murrell Park at Lake Grapevine.  I went ahead and took a potassium pill today but never felt the need to take any of the shark salt I had with me.  The weather was so nice, I just didn't sweat as much as usual.  Nice day for a ride and alot of base miles were put in today.   I didn't feel completely wiped out when I got home.  Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment