Ironman Boulder

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday 9.20.12

My least favorite day of the week.  The Thursday Run.  I felt really good after last night but woke up a little stiff and sore this morning.  Strange change of pace from Jeff for today's run.  The usual warm up mile and cool down mile, but the meat was a repeat of 3 minutes hard, 3 minutes easy, 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy, 1 minute hard and 1 minute easy.  The hard efforts were to be faster than 5k pace.  I figured these had to be upper 7 minute pace.  I was able to do all them anywhere from 7:37-7:54 pace.  My slowest time were the earliest intervals.  The recoveries were slow.  I was feeling a little weak after the amount of effort put in yesterday.  I feel good about making time.  It was a short by time and distance but very intense.  I only covered 4.7 miles and finished in about 44 minutes.  Good to get Thursday over with and move on to the weekend.  I'm happy with the week so far.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/224875443

No comments:

Post a Comment