Ironman Boulder

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday Workout 7.11.12

Today, the plan calls for a swim in the morning and a 60 minute bike ride.  The bike ride was to be an easy ride with (2) 30 second hard efforts during the ride.  I got up this morning and went the the aquatic center.  I arrived at about 6:30am and the lanes were pretty full.  I shared a lane most of the morning.  No problem at all today sharing the lane.  The swim was a little longer than usual.  I covered 2,650 yards in about 63 minutes.  Felt really good today.  Took a bottle of water and a GU gel that I ate halfway through the swim.  I did the ride this evening around 7pm.  Covered 16.43 miles in 62 minutes.  Drank a bottle of water and had some Powerbar blasts.  No problem on the ride.  Didn't feel the pain I have had some in my upper quad today.  The weather was only 98 today.  Pretty good for mid July.  The dreaded Thursday run is tomorrow morning.  I am working my way towards the taper week for Waco.

No comments:

Post a Comment