Ironman Boulder

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday 7.26.12

Today was my first run since the race.  The plan called for an easy 30 minute run today.  I have a nice little 3.3 mile loop through the park, over a bridge and back down the trail by Denton Creek elementary.  I felt pretty good and didn't really push the pace at all.  It was a short run so I didn't take any water or nutrition with me.  I did have a glass of water before leaving the house.  My legs did not feel heavy or sore.  I probably could have pushed it without issue but I was enjoying not having to move out of a comfortable zone.  It is that time of year when the heat begins to feel somewhat oppresive and you just want a break.  Even the mornings are warm.  It can break your spirit when it comes to training, if you let it get you down.  It does feel good to cool off in the pool when I'm done running.  Tomorrow I will get back in the pool at the Aquatic Center for training.  Splits this morning were:

Mile 1:  9:28
Mile 2:  9:17
Mile 3:  9:20
Mile 4 (.27mile):  8:55 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment